Training Alone Or With A Partner
There are very good reasons for training alone but also for having a partner. Here are some of the advantages for training alone, or with a partner. If you are looking for a partner, hopefully this may help you.
Advantages of Training Alone
- You can be flexible with your gym time
- You can focus more when training alone
- No distractions of small talk
- Workout is quicker
- You don’t have to worry about a training partner that isn't of the same mindset as you, not wanting it as much as you or is half hearted, as this can hold you back and inhibit your performance
Advantages of having a Training Partner
- Two people working out can motivate each other and achieve results they may not achieve when training alone.
- You have a spotter at hand.
- A partner can bring knew knowledge to the table, for example,”did you see that or did you read about.......”
- Assistance whenever you need it.
Remember also that you need to like and respect who you train with and know they are reliable. It doesn’t matter about age or gender as long as you get along.
An alternative is to be at the gym with someone, both doing your own thing, you don’t have to be doing the same workout/routine, but knowing you are both available for assistance when needed.