Rob Riches Wider Back Workout
I have been looking to work my back so I can make it a lot wider with more mass. So I came across a really good video by Rob Riches so I thought I would do a review for everyone that visits Aesthetic World.
The workout routine that Rob Recommends for wider back development:
- 1) Wide seated row - Focus on squeezing and contracting the back muscle. Minimum rocking backward and fourth.
- 2) Single arm dumbbell rows - Shoulders up, slightly arched. Shoulder fully goes down, wrist up to waist, minimum twist of torso for full lat contraction.
- 3) V-bar row. Chest low to allow you to stress the back easier. A great exercise for the inner and wider part as long as you let the shoulders go all the way down and back.
- 4) Lat pull down machine - drop set.
- 5) Close grip cable pull down.
Rob goes into detail about how many sets and reps he does for what exercise - how he strategically implements different levels of weight and form to stress the muscles and how the beginning of the workout can differ to the end due to fatigue or exercise type.
This type of advice is echoed around a lot of the experienced fitness models. By adding drop sets, different rep ranges and tempo we can force the body out of its comfort zone to adapt - without straying to far away from our current plan. So anytime you find yourself plateauing you can easily add a rest-pause-set, drop-set or super-set to add some extra stimulus before tackling that workout again.
If you would like to watch the full 15 minute wider back workout you can do so by following this link./p/p