WHAT MAKES GREEN TEA SO BENEFICIAL?
It is the rich content of catechin polyphenols, especially epigallocatechin gallate (EGCE) which is a strong anti-oxidant.
The health benefits of drinking green tea include:
- A reduced risk of heart disease
- Reduces bad cholesterol in the blood
- Reduces the risk of high blood pressure
- Has a calming effect on the nervous system
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties
Anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties can reduce the onset of many diseases including Esophageal cancer.
Increases the metabolism so helpful when losing weight
HOW MUCH GREEN TEA SHOULD YOU DRINK?
There is no definite amount of how much green tea you should drink.
Anything from 2-8 cups is said to be the going rate, but a word of warning, green tea does contain caffeine so if sensitive to caffeine go steady!
Rooibos tea on the other hand does not contain caffeine and has similar health benefits.